Remove Requirement of Installation of Normal Electric Meter before Provision of Green Meter for Net Metering Facility
|Reform Description||Condition of 3-Phase Meter removed for Net-Metering Connection
Before: To avail the facility of net-metering, consumers were required to first obtain a normal 3-phase meter before getting a bi-directional (green) meter, causing delay and extra cost.
After: Now, direct installation of bi-directional meter is allowed which saves time and Rs. 15,000 for each consumer.
|Beneficiaries||Domestic Consumers and Businesses|
|Jurisdiction/Location||Federal (Entire Pakistan)|
|Department||National Electricity & Power Regulatory Authority (NEPRA)|
|Date of Implementation||15-01-2021|
|● Consumers (whether individuals or businesses) had to obtain license from NEPRA for installation of net-metering facility
● The consumers had to bear extra cost due to multiple steps involved for obtaining bi-directional (green) meter, as under:
○ Obtain a single phase/ normal connection
○ Upgrade the single phase to three phase connection
○ Obtain a green meter for net-metering
|● The single-phase meter was installed as a temporary connection during the construction of premises.
● There was no justification of obtaining a three phase normal connection, which was a burden for consumers.
|Solution||● On recommendation of BOI, NEPRA has directed all DISCOs to eliminate the condition of installation of three-phase meter and now net metering facility can be obtained without subscribing to a three phase meter.|
Let us know if you liked the content.